Sunday, December 15, 2013

Memories for Christmas

As a girl growing up in the late 60's and early 70's
some of this somewhat tacky retro stuff
warms the cockles of my heart...
I love old blow mold Santa's and Snowmen
Ceramic Christmas trees with the little plastic bulbs
thick heavy tinsel and fake snow... ahhh...
 
so...I'm thinking about these memories today...
a picture from my family album...
my handsome dad, L.R., is on the bottom
left in the stripped street...
you can hardly see the Christmas tree
from that pattern on the wall...
ah the good ole days...simpler times...
 

so..with that in mind, I thought I'd draw my
tiny ceramic farm truck all loaded up for the
special season.  I'd love to have a truck
just like this one day...
till then this will have to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog!